Before Your Appointment:
- Shave and Exfoliate well 24 hours prior to your tan. If you must shave or shower the day of, we recommend the purchase of a Norvell® Pre Tan
- Do not have lotion, perfume or oily residue on your skin the day of your tan. Remove makeup and deodorants prior to your tan.
- Make sure to get manicures, pedicures, waxing or spa treatments before your appointment for a flawless tan. If done the day of, or the day after please inform your technician. Please arrive for your tan without any oily residue or lotion on your skin.
- Bring your swimsuit, underwear, or other garments to wear during your session. Your garments will get spray on them, so please wear items that you do not mind getting bronzer on. Many of our clients choose to tan topless to minimize tan lines. Our staff is professional and discreet, and will do everything we can to make you feel comfortable during your session.
- Be sure to bring loose fitting, darker colored clothing and flip-flops to wear after your session. Tight clothing can rub off the bronzer and create streaking. NO yoga pants, socks, sports bras!!
- DO NOT GET WET for at least 8-10 hours after your appointment. Do not SWEAT, SHOWER, GET RAINED ON, or SWIM. If you get wet, it can halt the DHA development process and cause streaking. We recommend not showering for 24 hours. Early Morning sprays work best for processing 24 hours.
- If you choose to sleep in your tan, wear a long sleeve shirt and long cotton bottoms. You do not want skin on skin contact!!
- When you are finished processing, rinse using warm water and your hand to remove the spray tan solution. If you rinse before 24 hours use only warm water. NO body wash until you’ve hit the 24 hour mark. When you are ready for body wash use only a good quality, sulfate free body wash! This is very important!!
- Unless we spray you with one of our clear formulas, you will notice 'brown' running down the drain during your first shower. This is normal... it is the cosmetic "instant bronze" color washing away as it is designed to do, leaving you with a beautiful bronze glow underneath!
- Moisturize Moisturize Moisturize!! Be sure to moisturize AFTER your first shower! The key to a beautiful, long lasting tan is super-moist skin. We carry a great selection of tan extending moisturizers and can recommend a product specifically for your skin type.
- The life of your tan depends on how well you take care of your skin. Grocery store products are typically not high enough quality for spray tans and will not provide good results.
- Moisturize often! The more moisturized your skin, the longer your tan will last and the more evenly it will fade.
- We live in a very dry climate, you will need to moisturize more often or use a thicker lotion, like a body butter to get the best, flawless results. No one wants cracked looking skin. Moisturize!!
The Following products have been shown to reduce the duration and quality of your tan, or make your tan orange
- Swimming in chlorinated pools and Jacuzzi tubs. Chlorine will strip your tan!
- Dove and Curel Lotions and Body Washes, bath and body and Victoria secret body wash and lotions smell amazing! We love them, however
they are NOT spray tan friendly.
- Bar Soaps, exfoliators, Loofahs or scrub mitts.
- Products containing Alcohol or Witch Hazel (Read labels, you will be surprised!)
- Products containing-AHA’s & BHA’s (Alpha Hydroxy Acids), (Beta Hydroxy Acids-Salicylic Acid) Glycolic, Lactic, Malic, Citric, and Tartaric
- Retin-A or Anti-Acne products (if you have tanned your face)
Spray perfumes on clothing or hair, avoid spraying directly on skin as this will
blotch the tan
Waxing (leg or Bikini) will strip the tan right off the skin, avoid in the first week!
The most common questions we get from our clients
Please do not hesitate to contact us for more information.
Our custom spray tans are our signature service. We are able to create you a custom color to best suit your skin tone. Custom tans are by appointment only and include: PH balancing spray, customized solution color based on your natural skin tone, Post spray that locks your color in and adds moisture back into the skin, a drying powder that helps take the sticky tacky spray tan feeling away-especially in the heat of the summer this powder helps keep you dry in all the creases of your body.
Our automated spray booth: Simulates a handheld spraying session while offering the privacy of an automatic spray booth session. No appointment needed, walk in anytime. Perfect for busy schedules when appointments are hard to keep. Our booth holds 4 different solutions, which can be sprayed light, medium or dark. So we really can help you choose the best solution and setting for your specific skin tone.
RAPID RINSE SOLUTION! Our automated spray booth also has a rapid rinse solution. Perfect for busy schedules that don’t allow the 8-24 hour developing time. A rapid RINSE solution requires the same prep and after care, however you rinse the solution off in 3-5 hours. Perfect for next day events, as your tan still pricesses and developes in 24 hours, you just don’t have to keep the solution on. Great solution for busy moms, yoga and gym instructors, busy schedules and last minute spray tans!
We recommend 2 days before an event. For brides we do recommend 2-3 days before. You will need to have a minimum of one shower before your event to get the instant bronzer off as that is when your spray tan looks the best & is set in to your skin.
Sunless tan work with the outer layer of the skin only by using a colorless sugar called dihydroxyacetone (or DHA). DHA reacts with the top layer of your skin to transform it to a golden bronze color. DHA has been approved by the FDA for use in the cosmetic and sunless tanning industry for years.
Yes. Your Tan is only a cosmetic tan. It contains no sunscreens, and will not protect you from the suns UVA and UVB rays. Make sure you use a sunscreen that is MINERAL OIL FREE!!
Yes! Your Tan was made especially for you! We are able to customize our tanning formula to work with your specific skin tone to ensure you will have a
Much like a fingerprint, each persons skin is unique. Many factors can influence how long your tan will last. Given the science how a sunless tan works, ALL sunless tans will usually last an average of 7 days. For maximum staying power, we recommend you purchase our Tan Extender Lotion and sulfate free body wash. To maintain your tan year-round, we recommend our Monthly Tanning Membership.
Please plan on a total of 30 minutes for your first appointment. Subsequent appointments will take approximately 15 to 20 minutes.
During your spray tan, you are welcome to wear a swimsuit, underwear, or any other garments that you wish. Many of our female clients chose to wear only a small pair of panties to minimize tan lines. Male clients must wear a dark color swimsuit, shorts or full coverage briefs. You may want to consider wearing dark colors, as the initial cosmetic bronzer can rub off on clothing; however, it will easily wash out of most clothing, except nylon, spandex, and silk. After your appointment, you should wear very loose fitting clothing that does not "rub" or fit tightly on the body. Please wear flip-flop shoes or similar shoes to minimize rubbing on the feet.
We strive on giving the most natural looking spray tan possible by recommending what is BEST for your natural skin tone. What may have worked for your friend may not work for you. Everybody’s skin develops its own individual color. Some people go a few shades darker brown, some may just get a glow. We have multiple solutions to choose from and we can recommend which solution to use based off your natural skin tone. How well you tan or how dark you get in tanning beds or laying out in the sun has NO determination on how dark you can go with spray tans. Totally different concept and science.
We always let our clients know to take thier first shower 8-24 hours after the spray tan was applied. Leaving the bronzer on to longer than 24 Hours does not benefit you and can dry out your skin. The color looks the best after rinsing the developing layer off.
We suggest using the Clear spray tan solution and tan 2-3 days prior to the wedding date. This ensures no bronzers will rub off on your dress. Plus the clear solution is a lighter tanning solution and will give you the perfect glow needed for such a special occasion. I also recommend doing a test run a week or two prior to the wedding, especially if you have never spray tanned before. Just like you do for hair and make-up. Don’t forget to tag us in your wedding photos on social media!
Our Spray Tanning technician have been trained and are Master Certified by Norvell®University. We are constantly staying current with continued education and knowledge from the leading spray techs across the country. Spray Tanning is really all about science, and keeping up with new technology help us provide the best advice, and knowledge to give you the best tan or trouble shoot any issue you may have had with prior tans.
Please see our Tan Prep page for detailed tips on preparing your skin for the most effective, longest lasting tan.